March 25, 2005

Singara Chennai !!

When i came to Chennai four years ago, my hate for this place was intense and complete. Singara Chennai was the perfect misnomer in the world i argued. Having lived my first 21 years in Coimbatore , i felt Chennai was dirty, sultry , populated , polluted and what not ! I cudn't fathom how ppl cud even bathe in the murky metro water much less drink it.Wondered how ppl can be so rude. The intense heat , heavy traffic , inadequate water supply hmmm...my hate-list was lengthy.

Lately though i am begining to enjoy this place like never before. Yeah ....still there are probelms with chennai...but somehow learnt to adapt to them and learnt to enjoy myself. Window-shopping in Spencers, lazing away in the beach ,evening movie at Satyam , dinner at some exotic restaurant, jogging @ loyola, landmark in Nungambakkam,Baristas, Fruit shops have become much more endearing to me than just feel-gud factors. Am really trying to understand what caused this paradigm shift...maybe is this what they call Stockholm syndrome ! I dont know and i dont wanna know !

No comments: