March 18, 2005

Blogs.....

Am trying to remember when i heard the term 'blogs' first .......it must have been couple of years back .... even tried to read some of the Rediffblogs then....my opnion that time was 'Blogs suck big time' . Still i was hooked to Rediff Diary .... a series of anecdote-like articles. I liked them because i cud relate myself to them so easily. Blogs, as a term, haunted me again during the US invasion of Iraq. A couple of blogs maintained by Iraqi civilians presented the stark ground realities. Thatz whn i realised the potential of Blogs ...... that this cud be the new face of Journalism. Tsunami Disaster and the recent fiasco of Mark Jen with Google re-affirmed my faith that Blogging is the next big thing in Internet.

Today i cant imagine my day without reading Blogs. RSS feeds have made blogs such a potent force to reckon with. I subscribe to nearly 50 feeds and Bloglines has become a One-stop-site for me to gobble up whatever Blogosphere has to offer me.

Saw this quote today somewhere ....
"Blogging is like writing an email, cc:World." - Doc Searls
Aint this quote cute !!!!

No comments: